Lodge Overdue or Late Tax Returns in Geelong

Can I lodge a late tax return?

Yes you can, and it’s a really simple process with us at Geelong Tax Services.

Contact us and our team will help you with your overdue tax return and bring you up to date.

We have more than 30 years of experience with unfiled tax returns. We have helped thousands of clients get their late tax return submitted.

So if you have any late tax returns, please contact us as we know what to do.

Click here to contact us

Will I receive a fine?

You may not receive a fine as most of time we can get your penalties waived:

  • if you lodge your overdue tax return voluntarily, or
  • if there is no unpaid tax for you to pay.

Be aware that, if you don’t lodge your tax return by the due date, the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) may send you a default warning letter.

The letter will specify the date by which you must lodge your overdue tax return to avoid any fines.

The ATO is more likely to apply a penalty if:

  • you have more than one tax return outstanding,
  • you have a poor lodgement history, or
  • you have not complied with a request to lodge your tax return.

Click here to contact us

What can I do if I have lost my records and receipts for a certain year?

If you have misplaced your payment summaries, group certificates or amended notices, don’t worry. We can get these records from the ATO directly for you.

If you have lost your receipts, then there is some good news. Some deductions can be claimed without receipts if you are claiming less than a certain amount.

Obviously, the more information you have, the easier it will be for us to know what you can claim and what can be claimed as a tax deduction.

Feel free to contact us if you have lost your records and receipts. Our experienced accountants will know what to do and will be able to work out your tax liability.

Click here to contact us

How much does it cost to lodge a late tax return?

Our pricing is simple and very affordable.

Late income tax return with a few deductions will be charged at the same $145 base rate as for the current year.

For someone with additional investment or rental property, the cost will be $230 approximately.

We can deduct our fee from any refund you will receive from the ATO (if you get one) through our trust account.

Click here to contact us